The Original Harlem Globetrotters are playing at the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson.
This fantastic event for the whole family will be on Friday, December 7th at 7:00pm.
A star studded roster will have you on their edge of your seat. Witness the ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment. See some of the most elite dunkers on the planet. A Globetrotters game is more than just basketball – they will bring smiles and cause laughter with their skills and fan interaction. Maybe you will be able to have them place a spinning ball on the tip of your finger. Occasionally, they will take a break from the action with a comedy skit and will leave you in stitches. All of the players have a nickname. For example, there’s Jumpin’ Joe, Hot Shot, Torch, Lights Out, and Big Easy. Tickets are available here.
A little bit about the Original Harlem Globetrotters…
- They’ve played in more than 26,000 exhibition games in 123 countries.
- Seventeen women have joined the team over the years.
- Their mascot’s name is Globie.
- January 1928 was the first time the team played in Chicago.
- Seven players have had their number retired
- Their usual opponents, the Washington Generals, defeated the Globetrotters once in 2015.
Related: Calendar of Events