NOBODY PANIC! The Office Dream Job is HERE!
The beloved sitcom, The Office has been around 15 years this March. So, in celebration of this- Dish is in search of one die-hard fan to binge the show!
Dish is paying someone $1,000 to watch 15 hours of the Office in nine days.
“Here’s the lowdown: the person who lands the gig will have 9 days to watch 15 hours of The Office (roughly 45 episodes). As you’re watching, you’ll need to complete a checklist that tallies the number of common tropes that occur throughout each episode.
For instance, how many times does Stanley roll his eyes at the camera? How often does Phyllis talk about Bob Vance from Vance Refrigeration? The goal is to help us understand how often sitcoms repeat popular tropes. We’ll provide you with general guidelines to track your experience, but in true Kelly Kapoor fashion, we also want you to share your unfiltered opinions and reactions on social media.”
The winner will get $1000, The Office swag, and a Netflix giftcard!
Applications are due by Monday, March 16th at 5pm MST. *Must be 18 years or older to enter*
“Don’t declare bankruptcy- apply now” HERE
Here are some of my favorite Office quotes to get you application ready:
- “Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.” – Michael Scott, Season 5, “The Duel”
- “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” – Michael Scott, Season 2, “The Fight”
- “If I don’t have some cake soon, I might die.” – Stanley Hudson, Season 4, “Survivor Man”
- “The worst thing about prison was the dementors.” – Michael “Prison Mike” Scott, Season 3, “The Convict”
- “And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do.” – Michael Scott, Season 5, “Stress Relief”