Pumpkin Cake bites by Prickly Hippie!
The Prickly Hippie in Ridgeland, MS put a spooky spin on a yummy treat. This Halloween season they are whipping up pumpkin cake bites!
These treats are made like the ever-so-popular cake pops, minus the “pop”. They are mushed up cake mixed with icing, rolled into a delicious treats topped with more icing! Can you say yum in the name of pumpkins!
Here are the steps to making these spooky treats:
- Bake cake flavor of your choice, let cool
- Crumble Cake into a bowl
- Add just enough buttercream to make cake stick together
- Roll out cake balls to desired size (I suggest golf ball sized)
- Place Cake Balls on parchment paper on cookie sheet, using thumb press in center to create pumpkin shape
- Place Cake Bites in freezer for 1 hour
- Melt white chocolate in microwave & Color with orange food coloring
- Using spoon, coat cake bites & place back on parchment paper & cookie sheet
- Place back in freezer until chocolate hardens (15 minutes or less)
- With piping tip #3, create curly vines with Green Buttercream from center of pumpkin
- Using chocolate buttercream and #8 piping tip, pipe stem in center of pumpkin
- Finally, using a leaf tip, create a leaf or two around the stem
Call and book your custom order of pumpkin cake bites today at (601) 910-6730
Follow them on Instagram: @Pricklyhippie