As we all know Valentine's Day is filled with love and celebrating it, but who says singles can't enjoy this lovely holiday? Here is a guide to surviving and THRIVING on Valentine's Day while being single.
1. Have A Self-Care Day
Nothing shows love more than starting your day off with a little self-care. A few ways you can do this is by trying out a homemade face mask! One of my personal favorites- the cocoa powder face mask, because it gives you a natural glow. All you need to create this mask is:
– 1 tablespoon of cacao powder.
– 1/4 papaya.
– A squeeze of Aloe Vera gel.
Another way to show yourself some love on this self care day is by working out! Working out is a great way to relieve any stress and on your physical health. The best part about working out is that you don’t always have to leave the house, you can exercise from the comfort of your own home! Here are few in-home workout routines that you can try:
- 50 Jumping jacks
- 15 push ups
- 25 jump squats
- 25 crunches
- 15 triceps dips
- 1 minute high knees
- 30 Russian twists
- 20 Lunges
- 1 minute plank
- **Repeat 3 times**
Although these self care routines are good, especially for those that may not want to leave the house but for those that do, here are a few things for you… The Soul Spa is an amazing spa with a relaxing aura and everything you need to complete your self care day. This spa has several spa services such as facials, massages, and even hair services. Their services are great but their facilities are even better. They have a workout studio, sauna, an indoor heated saltwater pool, and many more.
2. Have A Singles Party
You may be alone but you are not lonely!! Get together with some of your friends and host the ultimate singles party!
3. Take A Day Trip With Friends
Being that Valentine’s Day is on a Friday this year, getting out of town with a group of friends is a great way to spend your Valentine’s Day weekend. Jackson has plenty of surrounding areas worth seeing
- Biloxi, Mississippi is approximately a three hour drive from Jackson, and it would be a nice Valentine’s Day trip for a day or even the whole weekend. You can try your luck at the Golden Nugget Casino or make a stop at The Sugar Factory! If you just want to kick your feet up and relax, you can enjoy the a nice beach day at the Biloxi beach.
- A drive just across the bridge from Biloxi will land you in one of the most famous cities in the south, New Orleans. There is something for you and the whole ~crewe~ here. Start your trip off at one of the many museums that the city offers like the National WWII Museum. New Orleans is home to some of the best restaurants so head on over to Deanie’s if you’re craving seafood. Finally, head down to Bourbon street for some of New Orleans famous Grenade cocktails from Tropical Isles.
- Memphis, Tennessee is known to be the home of Blues, Soul, and Rock n Roll. Get a glimpse of this city’s history at the Loraine Hotel Civil Rights Museum. In the mood for some southern style food? Alcenia’s is the place to go! Beale street has amazing clubs and bars for you and friends to finish off your night at.
4. Make Some Money
- People staying in for the night are more likely to want to order some take-out using these food delivery services: Waitr, Doordash, or Ubereats. Sign up to drive for the night!
- Couples use this holiday to take each other out for some quality time without the kids. Becoming a babysitter for Valentine’s Day would be a great way to make money during this holiday!
- Some people prefer not to drive on this day and will be needing a transportation service like uber or Lyft. Sign up to drive!
5. Splurge on yourself/ Take yourself out
There’s nothing wrong with showing yourself some love on Valentine’s Day. These are a few things that you can do:
- Take yourself on a shopping spree
- Mani and pedi
- Take yourself out to eat at your favorite restaurant
6. Movie And Chill Night
Grab your coziest blanket and your most comfortable pj’s and get ready for the ultimate movie and chill night. Here are a list of things you need to complete your night:
- Netflix, Redbox, Hulu, HBO
- Invite friends over to enjoy this movie and chill night with you.
7. Palentines Day
Spending Valentine’s Day with some of your closet pals is an amazing way to survive the Valentine’s Day blues. Here are a few places that you and your friends can go out to celebrate Palentine’s Day: