Video provided by Greenwood Leflore County Chamber of Commerce.
This event has been deemed Mississippi’s largest ride with 1,052 riders in 2018. In fact, BBB was named “Southeastern Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event” winner for August!
There are four different routes riders can take- 62, 46, 22 or 11 miles. (specific routes can be found at the bottom of this story)
BUT, if you are like me and aren’t much of a ~bicyclist~ there are tons of other events you won’t want to miss out on!
This weekend long event is full of activities and events all in the name of bikes, blues and bayous! Check out the full weekend schedule here:
So far, over 800 riders have signed up. The riders come from 21 different states and even a foreign country – Holland.
Registration to this event comes with a number of things:
- Choice of one of the four routes to bike
- SWAG including Hat or t-shirt, socks, finisher medal, food and beverages at the 4 rest stops & finish line.
- Post-ride events:
- Saturday 2-6 pm: Pool Party
- Saturday 4-7 pm: Taste of the Delta Museum
- Sunday 8 am: Recovery ride
- Sunday 10 am: Biker Brunch
Here are a few things to remember:
- NO SATURDAY REGISTRATION!!!
- All rides start at 7:00am on Howard St. in historic downtown Greenwood
- All Riders MUST wear helmets!
- Course closes at 12:30pm; Finish area closes 1:00pm.