Clinton’s festive welcome to the spring season, the Caterpillar Parade is set to stroll down the streets of Olde Towne. Calliope, a 50-foot-long caterpillar, leads parade participants from the new Lions Club Park. Along with the parade, the Spring into Green Market will be going on! You’ll find hand crafted gifts, baked goods, live entertainment, and fun for the whole family!
Enjoy a fun day of clown shows, rides on Turner the Train, prizes, and more. Take a stroll on the brick streets from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. and visit our local craft vendors.
- 9:00 a.m. – Spring Into Green Market begins
- 9:30 a.m. – Reading of The Very Hungry Caterpillar at the new Lions Club Park location
- 10:00 a.m. – Caterpillar Parade begins at the new Lions Club Park location
- 10:30 a.m. – Crowning ceremony of 2019 Caterpillar Queen
- 11 a.m. – Inky the clown show
The parade ends at the intersection of Jefferson Street and West Leake Street, where the 2019 Caterpillar Queen will be announced and crowned by outgoing 2018 Queen, Teresa Smith.
Following the parade, children are invited to enjoy a magic show with Inky the Clown while parents stroll through the Spring Into Green market Olde Towne Market.